• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need a couple of apps.

I'm looking for two good apps, preferably free.

The first I am looking for is an RSS reader. I have FeedR but I want to be able to delete the RSS's that I have already read and not have them redownload after deletion. I used to use Viigo for the Blackberry and loved how it worked.

The second is a good Podcast downloader/player. On my Blackberry I used PodTrapper. I currently use PodWeasel which works ok but once I pause a podcast and exit, and then go back into that podcast, I have to start over from the beginning. It doesn't mark my spot to continue where I left off.

If anyone has some good ones, please point me in their direction. THANKS!

BeyondPod and Doggcatcher are the two best in my opinion. I use BeyondPod.

+1 for DoggCatcher. It's takes some configuration to get it working (at least the way I wanted it to), but now it's my "it just works" app. Since I try to pad my morning commute with podcasts, having it just work is key. It also handles RSS subscriptions, but I don't use it for that so I couldn't comment on how well it does it. I've never been a big RSS fan anyway. Worth the money (not a free app).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones