• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need a step by step guide to root and flash the latest possible rom for my GT-I9000.

denizoar

Lurker
Jan 18, 2012
I tried to upgrade it with my experienced brother who already upgraded his android. But his methods did not work for mine and the phone was stuck in boot loop. He somehow managed to restore it to stock settings. Now I want to upgrade it but don't want to fail again. I need someone who is experienced enough to help me out with this process. I would much appreciate it!

(My android is not Rooted and I also don't know how to root it properly)

Phone Brand :Samsung
Model Number: GT-I9000.
Firmware version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: I9000XXJPY
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1
Build Number: FROYO.XWJSD

Now that I listed those, I have to say that I mostly have no idea of what any of those mean. I am an absolute noob at this point. Please help me with upgrading my rom. I don't want to fail again.. So please be sure that it would work before you try to help.

Thank you!

I tried to upgrade it with my experienced brother who already upgraded his android. But his methods did not work for mine and the phone was stuck in boot loop. He somehow managed to restore it to stock settings. Now I want to upgrade it but don't want to fail again. I need someone who is experienced enough to help me out with this process. I would much appreciate it!

(My android is not Rooted and I also don't know how to root it properly)

Phone Brand :Samsung
Model Number: GT-I9000.
Firmware version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: I9000XXJPY
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1
Build Number: FROYO.XWJSD

Now that I listed those, I have to say that I mostly have no idea of what any of those mean. I am an absolute noob at this point. Please help me with upgrading my rom. I don't want to fail again.. So please be sure that it would work before you try to help.

Thank you!
You can root it with an app called framaroot. This link should work. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones