I need help asap camera wont workSupport

Last Updated:

1. spoiled08

spoiled08 New Member

I have an lg-esteem and when i try to open the camera it says

the application camera(process com.lge.camera) has stopped unexpectedly.please try again

some one just gave me the phone and im new to it i would like to be able to use my camera please help me.

Thank you for reading

2. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this phone is rooted correct?
  3. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Try rebooting the phone first if you haven't
  4. spoiled08

spoiled08 New Member

i have no idea if its rooted i just got it yesterday and haven't played with it
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Try going to settings>applications>manager applications and at the top press All and find the camera apks and delete the data and try using it again
  6. spoiled08

spoiled08 New Member

i did it already and nothing it keeps saying the same thing
  7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

If it is rooted then go through your apps and you should see one called "Superuser"
  8. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

i would try fixing permssion with root explorer
  9. jindy77

jindy77 Well-Known Member

whilst on the topic of the camera & i don't mean to hijack your thread op, but p much all pics i take at night (or otherwise using the flash, i have cleaned it, tried obv things, to no avail, am beginning to think it must be a defect.) have a smear, kinda cloudish smudge on them, anyone else have this happen? it is really quite annoying and i am thinking of bringing it to metro. on another note, i still have NOT received my rebate, it has now been over a year and MULTIPLE attempts, even had a metro employee fill it out for me (they keep saying they cannot read the number on it, which is VERY CLEAR). any ideas what to do, other than sending it in, for the 5th time?
    apologies again for ot-ish comments. and i hope your camera gets working properly op!
  10. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Well for the rebate back in the mail . What you have to do is call the metro customer service at *490 ask for a supervisor and get his id number tell him and he will enter it in the computer again and give you a number to call or take the 50.00 dollars off your next bill .
    jindy77 likes this.
  11. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

If the phone is rooted you can copy and paste a camera apk from a working esteem systems app folder . Or you can download a ics camera from the market .or. you can use this read it and if this doesn't work return the phone or try another rom. http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4548041
    jindy77 likes this.
  12. GTurn

GTurn Well-Known Member

Have you tried downloading a different camera from the play store and trying that one?
  13. lheajo

lheajo Member

Sounds to me like the camera.apk was changed or deleted. You'll need to dl root explorer, then go here and download the 2 camera apks https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsrk5ob5usuwdzh. place both of these files on your sdcard. Using root explorer move the apks to system/app (make sure to tick the R/W button on the top so that is says R/O) paste (do not install) and reboot. Hope this helps.
  14. jindy77

jindy77 Well-Known Member

called metro regarding my rebate, was told, nothing they can do, as that promotion is over, no shite, well, adios metro, f*cking scammers. sent 3 rebates in, all proper.

end rant/

thanks for your help BRAINZ2013!

(any other ideas?)