• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need help with an android phone

colours1

Lurker
Jan 5, 2012
Hello To all

I was given an android phone as a present this christmas The so called model is an A5 as stated on the box , The phone was purchased from overseas and is running Android 2.2 It was purchased from tradestead.com and the item number is MBP-570-2BK , Im trying to actually find the manufcurer of the phone or the proper model number so i can reflash it . has anyone ever seen this phone or know any site that can help me regarding reflasing this phone. I have contacted tradestead and they can only tell me that its an A5 Generic, which is actually useless to me. I have also looked under the battery of the unit which is where you can normally find the model number but to no avail there is only two IME numbers.
Any help would be apriciated . Thank you in advance
Andrew

Would this happen to be it? http://www.tradestead.com/wholesale...roid-2-2-cell-phone-front-cameras_p13326.html

MBP-570-2BK_1.jpg

Upvote 0
I tried actually finding the brand name and this is all I can find on this phone "Model:MBP-570-2BK Brand: (Generic Brand)" or "Product Name: 3.5" 2 SIM GPS TV Wifi FM Android 2.2 Cell Phone with Front/Back Cameras"

I dont think we even have a forum for it here to be honest and to be honest again I doubt youll find a rom or custom rom for it. Maybe.....Uhhh I dont even know what direction to point either of us in finding you something... No name just a model number and no brand makes it pretty hard....

Upvote 0
Thanks for trying I have had the same success (NONE) The main reason i was trying to update the android version is I would like to get skype to work on this phone , I have tried to install skype but it crashes straight after i try to log in . I tried the new version of skype which from memory was V2.6.0.95 and still are getting the same problem. I really do apriciate you trying to find the model no: . As for the phone , well it did come from china afterall , who knows whats inside .
Thx again
Andrew

Upvote 0
I'm using a HTC and wanted to update it for a while, couldn't find anywhere to do so. A friend tipped me that I could allow my Market to auto update my applications, and after having it this way for a week or so, I got an icon on the task bar that indicated the update was ready - and I got 2.3 that way.

That being said I've got massive problems with it, my bill for two months has been 8 to 10 times larger than usually as I can no longer control what network operator it connects to. So instead of using my own operator, my default one - it'll swap on it's own, to one from a neighbour country, thus causing insanely high fees on everything. Sure, I can swap it back and try to all the time - but after minutes after it's not on my operators network anylonger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones