• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need some advice on anti-virus apps, plus reception question

I know this is all based on personal opinion, but I was wondering if anyone that is using the anti-virus apps actually had it find a virus. I currently have lookout installed and I haven't seen anything yet, nor have I seen anyone else reporting on seeing it. I'm pretty sick of that scan lagging up my phone and I'm just thinking of getting rid of the app. I would like to know what your guys opinions are. Personally the only reason I held this long to the app is the feature that finds your phone and also makes it "scream", but when the new sense comes out I'm sure it will be better.

And on a separate issue, my phone seems to be losing signal like crazy. It dropped three calls alone yesterday. I noticed that when I hold the phone a certain way (holding the phone with my index finger around the top area where the button is) the signal seems to drop instantly, and when I take it off it just comes back. I'm I the only one with this death-grip problem?

Btw, I have a white Evo Hardware v. 3

You dont need an anti virus app on a phone. The only apps that are sketchy, are ones from china/japan, but if you are smart, you will just avoid those apps all together in the Market. Only install apps that have more than a few thousand people using them, dont install ones that have less than 100.

Personally the only reason I held this long to the app is the feature that finds your phone and also makes it "scream"

I havent used that app, but I'm sure you can disable the anti-virus features, and still use that scream feature.

And on a separate issue, my phone seems to be losing signal like crazy. It dropped three calls alone yesterday. I noticed that when I hold the phone a certain way (holding the phone with my index finger around the top area where the button is) the signal seems to drop instantly, and when I take it off it just comes back. I'm I the only one with this death-grip problem?

Call sprint customer service, tell them the problem you are having. They will probably "refresh" your network, or maybe even just re-activate the phone. If that doesnt work, you should try a hard reset.

Reactions: dricky
Upvote 0
Can't help you on the first item, I don't use AV on my phone nor do I think it's necessary.
I tried to cause a signal drop as you described, but was thankfully unsuccessful. I'm in a decent signal strength area. I've had very little signal problems with this phone in general, *maybe* 2 dropped calls out of several hundred in 4 months. Maybe an antennae problem with your phone? It's not unheard of.

Reactions: dricky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones