• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need some help to S-OFF my Desire

D

Deleted User

Hey.

I have decided to S-OFF my HTC Desire and have custom MTD layout but i'm not sure exactly how to do it... I also have the following questions about having an S-OFF device.

1) Will the boot screen before it boots into the ROM still be the white screen with 'HTC' in the middle or will it change and say Alpharev or something?

2) Will having the custom MTD layout mean some ROMs (Including the stock one) will not work/fit because the system partition will be smaller?

3) How would i get the S-ON again, the existing HBOOT back and the standard partition sizes back?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Yes you can but if you had custom MTD before you RUU and Your nandroid was done on a custom MTD also, you must set up custom sizes the same as before (as if first time) and repatch boot image of the nadroid restored before boot.

This reason does mean that Hboot is easier, but it depends what you want. Ease of use or no wasted space.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones