• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need some Tether tips?

i installed/paid for the PDANet on my Droid- and it works great! awesome! ... then after a bit of run time my phone 'locks' up... and i dont mean lock up like i have to hard restart it or it force closes... what it does is that the send/receive icon at the top it still shows im connected to the 3G, but the arrows are locked on send... and after about 15-30 seconds the send arrow clicks off and i can continue doing what i was previously doing...

any ideas on why this is happening?

my droid and pdanet are up to date, and my comp is running xp...

and i did try to contact the pdanet tech people... but after 2 days of waiting im getting kind of antzy on a fix =D

thanks!:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Well i've decided to go ahead and root my phone... the wireless tether and the wired tether sound awesome... but i want to keep my 2.1 ... and every thing i checked has me going back to 2.0... which is fine... except i like the pinch zoom and the voice to text... but everywhere ive been either has broken links or talks about the wrong phone... ... any help would be appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones