• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I really need some help with my soft-bricked tablet!!!

Poke4Ever10

Dec 8, 2014
Hi, could somebody PLEASE help me through process of unbricking my tab? I've gotten so far, but I'm stuck and don't know what to do!
What I have done:
  • Download Odin 3.09 + Odin 3.07
  • Download (and re-download) the latest USB Drivers
  • Used different ports and cords, but only one seems to get me anywhere
  • Download several firmwares, and I think this one is the only one that gets me close: N5110XXDNE1_N5110XACDNE2_HOME.tar.md5
  • Tried flashing with the firmwre set to AP, and had Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time selected
This is the latest log I got:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter Cs for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please Wait..
<OSM> N5110XXDNE1_N5110XACDNE2_HOME.tar.md5 is v
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Odin V.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialization..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Can anybody help me out?

P.S. I have NO idea how it got softbricked. All I know is that I came home from highschool, and my tablet was in a loop. I have not installed any ROMs.

Thank you in advance!:D

Ok, so I downloaded the CivZ-FlexNote8.0_KK-Rev2.1-N5110_signed.zip file, and Odin won't detect .zip files, so I extracted it. But now, when i try, instead of flashing the entire folder, it just opens to the other folders until i select a single file. I'm really confused. And also, on Odin, I should keep using AP, right?

Upvote 0
Okay, so I ran the initial download, it turned into another Odin type launcher, and I connected my tablet and it showed up. I didnt know if there was anymore to it so I started and it showed,
Get PIT for mapping..
Firmware update start..
sboot.bin..

All threads completed (succeed 0 /fail 1)

And it came up with a FAIL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones