I rooted my Droid, installed 2.1 rom. I want to go back to 2.0.1

Last Updated:

1. jimbubba3

jimbubba3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my Droid yesterday and installed the 2.1 rom. I am not happy with the lack of keyboard backlighting and it seems quite buggy to me. I want to know how to go back to 2.0.1 Do I just replace the file in my nandroid folder with my original backup? One other thing I am wondering is, will having my phone rooted mess up any ota updates of 2.1 that Verizon releases?

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Yes, just put the nandroid backup you made back in the folder and then goto recovery and use nandroid to do a restore.

3. jimbubba3

If I could find a fix for the keyboard backlighting issue I would stay with 2.1. Does anyone know of one. As far as my other question goes, will having my droid rooted mess it up when verizon releases its 2.1 update ota?

4. CRPercodani

What 2.1 ROM did you use? Humancyborg's has a pretty good keyboard fix, you just slide open the keyboard and then cycle the power on and off to turn the backlight on. Also no if you go back to 2.0.1 then you will still get whatever updates verizon pushes.

5. jimbubba3

I used HumanCyborgs 2.1 rom. I did notice that cycling the power on/off did fix it but I am one of the few people that use the slide out keyboard quite a bit and it seems like quite a pain to me to have to do that every time I use it. I was also pretty amped to have the Nexus One live wallpaper on my phone after I saw it. Doesn't work.

6. CRPercodani

Yes the Nexus live wall is known to not work, no one has gotten it to work yet. For now that is the best keyboard light fix, we should have something better within a week or less.

7. jimbubba3

Thanks for the info. If some of the bugs are worked out in the next week or so will there be a different/updated rom released or will there just be patches to fix problems. I am hoping just an updated rom.

8. CRPercodani

Most likely a updated ROM as those are some pretty big changes, they might come as patches in the first few hours but someone will make a ROM with them in short time.

9. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

Did you have greek's or humancyborg's 2.1 installed?

10. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Here's what I did, and now I have a perfectly working keyboard backlight, lol.

-Go back to 2.0.1
    -Run Sholes.info Team's 8mb ROM that will upgrade all you 2.0.1 features to 2.1 (Gallery, Music, Launcher, +MT Browser)
    -Done

11. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

i think i might do this but were you too on HC's version? I know that this version doesn't have su access and I wanna make sure i can go back to 2.0.1 safely by just putting it in the nandroid folder and restoring

12. hroberts89436

hroberts89436 New Member

Is it by chance possible for me to get a copy of your original 2.0.1 backup? Mine has become corrupted and nandroid will no longer restore it.

Thanks

13. Axeluzz

Axeluzz Member