• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think I got it!!!!!!

So essentially people use what roms for their looks and used interface. So cm6 looka one way and fresh or baked snack look another and the only graphics change the user can change ia the boot animation?

Changing the boot animation is easy.

Open up both roms and go to system/customize/resource

Then simply drag, drop, and let it replace one with the other

(they will be named bootanimation.zip)

Upvote 0
I can't really explain what "sense" is, maybe someone else can do it better. To me, it's the animated things that came with the evo (Friendstream, The clock with the weather animations, the bubblestyle dialer, most of the widgets, etc.). In my opinion, a rom without sense is more "clean cut". Less about animations, more about functionality. It's more of a straight up Android software, if that makes sense.

I think that's pretty good!

Here's the Sense vid from HTC -

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/135878-htc-sense-put-shame-2.html#post1451763

Upvote 0
Mission Complete. I am currently rooted 2.2. Wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. there were a couple sketchy moments, but all's good. So when some apps ask to have SU permission (ie Mybackup) should I give it to them? Im assuming that I should give it to a CPU app when I download it.

Congrats!

I believe you'll find you want to move out that PC36IMG.zip file pronto.

And yes, give things like your backup apps root privileges. Any others - see what makes sense, always safer to ask if you're uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones