• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i think i messed up my new phone :(

ben12p34

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
I got a samsung galaxy s4 yesterday and someone told me to root it and I did and everything went fine then when I tried using a custom recovery it wasn't working I eventually got it working using twrp and put my phone on one of the cm nightly versions I can't remember which one, but it didn't have any google apps or anything or any of my old stuff such as room manager so I decided I preferred my phone stock and tried booting up the twrp custom recovery but my phone booted up the standard recoveryand now I can get back to my older version and my phone is useless because there is not way I know about getting google apps on my phone so it's stuck on one of the cyanogenmods versions with no way out that I know of can someone please try and help me to get my phone useable again also sometime surprise turns up and sometimes it's not there and I've tried unrootinging from surprise but it says it is unwritten but then does nothing

the phones model: GT-i9505
Version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: i90505XXUGNI2
Cyanogenmod version: 11-20140210-snapshot-m3-jfltexx
Build number: cm_jflyexx-userdebug 4.4.2 kot49h 4cfab9292f
SELinux status : enforced
kernel version: 3.20-cyangenmod-g2ab6e0f
build01@cyanogenmod #1
(i dont know weather all that was helpful)
please hep i just got this phone and i really want it back so its usable

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones