• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I bricked my phone

Oguz Kaan

Lurker
Jan 31, 2023
Phone :asus zenfone 3 ze552kl

I unlocked the bootloader, then installed TWRP Recovery 3.2.1 ZE552KL, then the twrp screen opened without any problems. After that, I finally installed the magisk 25.0 zip file I downloaded from the install section in TWRP and pressed restart. TWRP told me something about installing TWRP versions and I confirmed it. Then the phone started to turn on and off infinitely. I keep seeing the bootloader unlocked warning screen and after 3 seconds the phone turns off, turns back on, turns off, turns back on. When I click the enter the recovery mode button, the phone turns off and on again and I cannot enter the recovery mode in any way. There is nothing I can enter except the FASTBOOT screen. I don't care if my data is gone. Please someone with knowledge help me

Most likely you tried to install a file that was corrupt or for a different model of phone. The phone is bootlooping because its system software is damaged and it cannot boot.

I don't know ASUS devices, but you should be able reflash the phone from fastboot mode (it will require a computer and fastboot drivers, but you've probably got that already if you unlocked and flashed TWRP). I'd guess there will be instructions somewhere in the XDA Zenfone 3 forums, either in the guides or the ROMs subforum. I'd probably recommend finding a stock firmware package and reflashing all the way back to official software, then trying to work out what went wrong.

Reactions: ocnbrze and Davdi
Upvote 0
Hi!:)
Boot the phone into Fastboot mode and connect the phone to your computer and run the following command: fastboot erase cache. Then, run the command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (replace "twrp.img" with the name of your TWRP recovery image file). Then run the command fastboot reboot to restart your phone. Try booting into TWRP recovery mode again and use the "Wipe" option to wipe the cache and data partitions. And finally, try installing the Magisk ZIP file again using TWRP.
You are welcome;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones