• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I Think I've Bricked My San Francisco II

RipperooUK

Lurker
Apr 6, 2012
Hi Guys

I have an Orange San Francisco II which has apparently had an incorrect ROM installed.

Details are a bit vague, but my son says his friend tried to unlock/debrand the handset, but may have installed a ROM for the original SF.

After the update, the handset was stuck on the Android robot with constantly flashing camera LED.

There may be some merit to this because when I used a utility from the ZTE site the device was inspected and indeed there was mention of the original Blade/OSF.

I was able to reach 'FTM Mode' by pressing V- + Power.

However, nothing I could find on various forums seemed to work and I was unable to install any ROMs to the device.

I then read about TPT and changing the partitition sizes.

Tried various procedures mentioned here and elsewhere to no avail.

End result is that when the phone is now switched on, there is one short flash from the camera LED and the device is then stuck on the Android robot (with a swirl of light-coloured marks).

Can't get to 'FTM Mode' any more and the ZTE utility cannot detect the phone.

My question is can it be saved???

.........and if so, how?

Thanks guys.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones