• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I took a nice picture with my Desire!

Lecter - Let that be a lesson about EXIF information. :p Incidentally it's easy to tell even from a visual examination. The photo was evidently taken at a long focal length which the Desire isn't capable of, due to the relative size of the branch compared to the field of view of the background, which would be vastly different if taken with a wide angle lens such as that on a phone camera. You don't see nearly enough background given the distance it is from the branch for the optics of the Desire. ;)

Upvote 0
Some very nice pics in this thread. Here's the first photo I took with my brand-new Desire:

2wmezgz.jpg

James St, nr Covent Garden, London

And here's the latest:

2jryud.jpg

Galloping Horses on London's South Bank

And I echo what bfksc said about upload speeds. I composed this blog post with a photo, uploaded it and tweeted it in minutes. The Desire is a great little phone.

Upvote 0
So, after whining like a massive baby for the last few weeks I am now making an effort to get the best out of my Desire (especially seeing as the HD may not be as wonderful as I was hoping - based on the discussions in that forum).

So, this morning at about 6:30am as I was about to leave for work I popped the back cover off my Desire and took a photograph from my balcony.

I have to say I was genuinely surprised by how it came out.

http://imgur.com/bETlm.jpg

It wont win any awards but it's ok, and it made me think we should try and showcase our very best photos.

Anyone want to contribute?

And yes, I'm well aware that the view from my apartment is awful.

Idiot, saw the answer after posting the question *back to the stupid room for me*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones