• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I uninstalled Google play store and now i am having trouble running Google apps

danielbd

Nov 28, 2014
OK, so about 1 mount ago i rooted my devise (Samsung Galaxy S3 neo running 4.2.2) and downloaded some apps for rooted phones. About 3 days ago i installed the app Freedom 1.0.6 and Marked Unlocker and used them to cheat in a single player game. One day after that I opened Google play and for my surprise it said "could not connect to internet (or something like that)" although my Wi-Fi was on and i was connected. I looked up the error and was told that it was caused by the app Freedom. I decided to re-install Google play store; with the hope that i wold be able to find an apk on the internet. I installed Google play again but sadly it was crashing every time I tried to run it. After surcharging this problem up I gave up on trying to fix it my self and Factory reset the phone with the hope that all pre installed apps wold install them self on the phone. Now when i try to run any of the apps made by google i get an error saying "Google Play services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacture for assistance." I cant contact the manufacture for assistance, because my phone is rooted, which ruins my warranty (The phone is still in warranty although when it is rooted the warranty unusable). Please help me! :(

Flash a custom ROM which includes Google apps. That will give you new set of system software.

Or reflash the phone to pure stock. Both are device-specific, so you need to ask in the right section for advice

Factory reset only erases data - it cannot undo changes to the system (the phone doesn't waste a few GB keeping a backup of software the user shouldn't be able to modify).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones