I want the Galaxy Nexus

Last Updated:

1. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Okay, so heres the dealio. I want to switch over to the Gnex, I am currently on a family plan with my mom, her boyfriend, and brother. I am not due for an upgrade for another year and half, so what I wanted to do was get my own contract with a new number. Heres the problem, Im only 19 and have no credit history currently. I have read online and seen where you can still get a contract but have to put an outrageous amount of money down when you sign it. I can't afford that ontop of the price of the phone. I have regularly paid the 50 dollars of the family plan that covered my portion of the bill. Do you guys think that if i went in and was able to show them that i never missed a payment they would be able to count that as credit and approve my contract? otherwise Idk what I will do

Advertisement
  2. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

No one else's upgrade is coming up soon? Why is your's so far away?
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

they will not honor this in any way, mainly because they cannot prove that you were making the payments, you have no established credit history (your lucky, you can start one, and always make payments, you dont want to end up like alot of ppl with shotty credit)

i never made a down payment for my service, but at the same time i dont know when i signed up, and what my credit was like(not good i can say that much)
  4. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I bet your upgrade is sooner than you think. It would be a year and a half away if you bought the DX today. Otherwise, it's sooner than that.
  5. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

People don't care what you say or show them. They pull your credit history and that will be all that matters unfortunately.
  6. DavefromCA

DavefromCA Active Member

You should just go in and see what they can do for you.
  7. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

Your bill is going to be a lot more than the 50 bucks you were paying before. I would reconsider this. Do you have unlimited data on your current plan? Getting your own account will loose this.
  8. VoidedSaint

i think if you take ownership of the line, it does not lose the unlimited data, but i might be wrong
  9. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

If i took ownership of my line i would still have the unlimited data, but i would not be able to get a new phone until my upgrade date which i guess is november. But luckly i went in yesterday and they approved me without a deposit so im going this week. And they just started upthe double data thing again so i get 4 gbs for 30 bucks. Ive only gone over one gb once and im on my phone all the time. Im on wifi 90 percent of the time so its nkt a problem
  10. VoidedSaint

i wouldnt give up unlimited data, no matter what, i would wait til november just to keep my unlimited data, cause by that time the newest nexus will be announced
  11. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

absolutely agree...no way i'd give up my unlimited data....i RARELY use more than a couple GB's but its the principle of it...im not going to give them the same amount of money for 4GB's of data (or 2 if they are not doing that promotion anymore) for the same price as im currently paying or unlimited...no no way...

and if the Moto/Intel/ICS phone turns out to be legit...id go there before the GNex anyway...
  12. VoidedSaint

im already at the gnex so :p

but if the rumor of that moto/intel/ics is true. then bah!

but i still think they will put a chastity belt on that bootloader
  13. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

Doesn't 4G use a lot more data??? If I were you, I'd just look for a used Gnex for the plan you're on now.
  14. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

No :confused: It just lets you get the same data faster.