• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want to rave about an app

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I just want to give mad props to the developer of the app Wifi Analyzer. App just saved me a buttload of time and a client of mine a lot of money. Long story short, the client was having problems with their wi-fi network in their conference room. This network was set up many years ago before they started doing business with us and no one there really knew much about how it was set up or where everything was. The client (and my laptop as well) could sometimes pick up one bar from the network in the conference room and sometimes none at all. There was an access point in the conference room that appeared to be powered on so the intermittent signal made no sense.

I launched Wifi Analyzer and immediately noticed a very weak to non-existent signal from the access point. I unplugged the access point and the signal still was low to intermittent. The client claimed they didn't know of any other access points for the network in question. I was able to use Wifi Analyzer to not only find that there was another access point, but point out the exact room the access point was in and was able to find it under a desk which let me know where the access point in the conference room had failed and the signal they were getting was from the other access point. This saved me a lot of time of trying to walk around with a laptop and try to figure out where I can detect it and where I can't. Saved the client a lot of money of paying me to walk around and do that.

I was also able to test where we could get a signal from the access point using the same app. I've got to ran about how awesome this app really is for a paid app. Highly, highly recommend it. It drains the battery since you're constantly monitoring wifi, but that can't be avoided. Everyone who does any sort of IT work needs to get this app. It's freaking amazing. It's free. Everyone needs it. That is all.

Reactions: (G)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones