• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i9500 KitKat video issue

nomnompie

Mar 29, 2010
Ever since updating to kitkat on my i9500 I have an annoying issue that happens randomly.

When I reboot the phone everything works fine, but at some point randomly (could be in an hour, could be a week) all of a sudden when I try and play a video either on youtube or in the gallery, the screen goes primarily black with erratic colored lines and fragmented bits of the video visible. The audio is fine and the issue stops when the video is stopped but starts if played again.. the issue does not go away until the phone is rebooted.

I have done factory resets and also flashed different versions of the stock roms from samfirmware and I still see this popping up.

Does anyone else have this issue?

The problem is I can't replicate it.. I don't know what causes it to happen. It doesn't happen in games or anything it's only video playback but like I said, on a fresh boot videos work fine.. it's only after a while something happens and then the videos won't play correctly.

Also can't really bring it anywhere because it's an international unlocked version and I'm in the states.

But it seems like a software issue..:thinking:

Upvote 0
hello frnds

i hve bought samsung galaxy s4 i9505 but not confirm its fake or no plz help me
when i turn on my phone it shows my mobile model number
than a logo of O2 shows

and available storage shows around 10gb and on the back side of my phone its written " made in korea by samsung " i hve attach pictures of my phone and battery and i want to confirm either both are genuine or not bcz i have option to give back my money in two days so i am waiting for your replies

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same issue with my S4!!
Very annoying!!
Rebooting sometimes fixes the problem for a while but then it comes back.
Really dissapointed with this kitkat update

The problem is I can't replicate it.. I don't know what causes it to happen. It doesn't happen in games or anything it's only video playback but like I said, on a fresh boot videos work fine.. it's only after a while something happens and then the videos won't play correctly.

Also can't really bring it anywhere because it's an international unlocked version and I'm in the states.

But it seems like a software issue..:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones