• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS and Kies annoyances on SGH-I717

Okay it was bad enough that I had to download and install this iTunes wannabe in order to upgrade to Android 4, but now after removing this bloatware that had three processes running all the time eating RAM I get an annoyance screen on the phone every time I connect. "Unable to find software on your PC that can recognize your device." And it drones on to explain how you MUST have all these different options on Windows XP and where you need to go to download kies so you can sync and back up data. Really? All the Android phones I've had do that on their own anyway, including this one before I installed the new OS. Does Samsung really need to annoy the hell out of me in order to pander their mostly useless software?? Further, since I upgraded when I open the folder to where pictures are stored on my phone (amazingly withOUT any "software that can recognize my device") and I double click on a picture instead of opening in the program I have set as default to open them (it even shows the icon for that program on all the files) it opens Windows photo viewer. WTF?? Holy CRAP Samsung is turning in to Apple and doing things that were the root cause for me to get rid of my iPhone with full prejudice and switch to the Droid! Fixes for this would be depreciated...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones