• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS... CSC are you eligible for an update?

Hello, perhaps someone can help me. If I install any of the firmwares on the following link (taken from post #1)
[ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KL1/2/3/LA2,4/LB2,LPE/Q/7/2/F/S/4/7/G Download - xda-developers

Will I have any kind of problems? I haven't found if the baseband will be an issue or not. My phone is from Mexico (Iusacell) and I have the following info:

PDA: I9100UHLA2
PHONE: I9100UHKK1
CSC: I9100IUSLA1
Build Info: Fri Jan 6 17:00:31 KST 2012

Model Number: GT-I9100
Android version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: I9100UHKK1
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100UHLA2-CL874182 se.infra@SEP-86 #2
Build number: GINGERBREAD.UHLA2

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hello, perhaps someone can help me. If I install any of the firmwares on the following link (taken from post #1)
[ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KL1/2/3/LA2,4/LB2,LPE/Q/7/2/F/S/4/7/G Download - xda-developers

Will I have any kind of problems? I haven't found if the baseband will be an issue or not. My phone is from Mexico (Iusacell) and I have the following info:

PDA: I9100UHLA2
PHONE: I9100UHKK1
CSC: I9100IUSLA1
Build Info: Fri Jan 6 17:00:31 KST 2012

Model Number: GT-I9100
Android version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: I9100UHKK1
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100UHLA2-CL874182 se.infra@SEP-86 #2
Build number: GINGERBREAD.UHLA2

Thanks in advance

Hi ramirogz,

In answer to your question, if you flash, say, a generic unbranded, CSC code, ICS ROM, to your phone...

1. You will need to choose a CSC that contains a language you are familiar with as most, if not all, the ICS releases so far do not have Mexican in their language packs.

2. You will of course lose any carrier branded app's and configurations that come with Iusacell branded phones.

3. You will not be able to update your phone via Kies or OTA.

4. You will also void the warranty of your phone.

5. As for its operational use, if you flash another code to your phone, you may need to root it and flash a modem compatible with your carrier.

Upvote 0
In case anyone thinks I have been slacking in the last week as no new updates have appeared in post #2, I can assure you that this is not the case.

The simple fact is that there seems to have been no ICS releases for the SGSII/M/P/T models since around the 4th May.

In contrast to that, Samsung have started to roll out ICS for the Galaxy Note, N7000, with an Open Germany release on Friday.

Upvote 0
Hello Ironass

I got my phone in South Africa and also live here.I tried the kies update,but it says no update is available.Current firmware is 2.3.4,looking to go to ICS.

My phone details are:

PDA : I9100XWKI4
PHONE : I9100XXKI1
CSC : I9100OJCKI1

Do you know if the official ics firmware for my phone is available?I could not find that csc code in the thread.
If not what do you recomend me do to get ICS.

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi ramirogz,

In answer to your question, if you flash, say, a generic unbranded, CSC code, ICS ROM, to your phone...

1. You will need to choose a CSC that contains a language you are familiar with as most, if not all, the ICS releases so far do not have Mexican in their language packs.

2. You will of course lose any carrier branded app's and configurations that come with Iusacell branded phones.

3. You will not be able to update your phone via Kies or OTA.

4. You will also void the warranty of your phone.

5. As for its operational use, if you flash another code to your phone, you may need to root it and flash a modem compatible with your carrier.

Thank you for your quick answer. 1,2 and 3 I have no problem with, since I use my phone only in english.
4. I will wait until I get the original carrier firmware so I can flash it back if there is any warranty issue, or I lose it all together

5. Can I know in advance if a firmware has a modem compatible with my carrier? or is there any link where I can learn from it? when you say modem does it have to do anything with the baseband?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your quick answer. 1,2 and 3 I have no problem with, since I use my phone only in english.
4. I will wait until I get the original carrier firmware so I can flash it back if there is any warranty issue, or I lose it all together

5. Can I know in advance if a firmware has a modem compatible with my carrier? or is there any link where I can learn from it? when you say modem does it have to do anything with the baseband?

There is no easy way to tell if a particular modem will suit your location/carrier. However, modems are not firmware reliant and so therefore you could root your phone and download and install your existing modem which is shown in the Baseband version.

Reactions: ramirogz
Upvote 0
There is no easy way to tell if a particular modem will suit your location/carrier. However, modems are not firmware reliant and so therefore you could root your phone and download and install your existing modem which is shown in the Baseband version.

so if I understand correctly, every firmware comes with a particular baseband (modem) made for that region, however I can replace it with any modem I want as long as I root it first. and the challenges are:
1) that I will not be able to know if any baseband will work just by looking at it on paper, and
2) I will need to find the same baseband somewhere on the internet

Upvote 0
so if I understand correctly, every firmware comes with a particular baseband (modem) made for that region, however I can replace it with any modem I want as long as I root it first. and the challenges are:
1) that I will not be able to know if any baseband will work just by looking at it on paper, and
2) I will need to find the same baseband somewhere on the internet

Correct on all counts save for the modem, as I have located the ICS version of UH which, "should", be an improvement on your current one.

Upvote 0
Great, do you have a link?
Is there anyway to "backup" the current firmware and the modem?

thanks you for your quick response

You can do a, "mirror", backup of your entire phone, a snapshot in time, if you are rooted and do a, "nandroid" backup.

As we are now straying, "off topic", with this, it might be a good idea to start a thread, if you are thinking of rooting, here.

Upvote 0
You can do a, "mirror", backup of your entire phone, a snapshot in time, if you are rooted and do a, "nandroid" backup.

As we are now straying, "off topic", with this, it might be a good idea to start a thread, if you are thinking of rooting, here.

I'm reading your dummies guide.

Where can I get that ICS firmware for the UH code you said a couple of posts above?

Upvote 0
ICS version LPD has been released as an upgrade for the following CSC codes...

MOT = SLOVENIA (Mobitel)

NEE = NORDIC COUNTRIES

ERA = POLAND (T-Mobile)

KPN = NETHERLANDS (KPN)

Just connect to Kies to receive the update.

For more details of CSC codes and updates, see posts #1 & #2 in this thread.

EDIT First impressions are very slick and smooth scrolling. Samsung do not release changelogs but this release is definitely an improvement on earlier, stock, ICS versions. The NEE version I am on comes with the latest LPW modem which is giving me a very good signal indeed. Well worth the update!

Upvote 0
EDIT First impressions are very slick and smooth scrolling. Samsung do not release changelogs but this release is definitely an improvement on earlier, stock, ICS versions. The NEE version I am on comes with the latest LPW modem which is giving me a very good signal indeed. Well worth the update!

I have a question if you don't mind. I saw earlier that your s2 was flashed, but now you have the latest update on the device. How did that happen? I thought when you flash your device, you no longer have the ability to connect it to Kies in order to get updates! one more thing is the flashing process reversible?!

Upvote 0
I have a question if you don't mind. I saw earlier that your s2 was flashed, but now you have the latest update on the device. How did that happen? I thought when you flash your device, you no longer have the ability to connect it to Kies in order to get updates! one more thing is the flashing process reversible?!

My phone has always been rooted and so therefore I use Odin. ;)

You can flash, via Odin, an older firmware if needed.

Reactions: MOOMO
Upvote 0
just wondering if ICS 4.0.3 is the latest ICS update for all phones or is there another one coming out and if there is one is it ICS 4.0.4 ? My CSC is I9100MBMCLD3 on the Bell Canada network. cant seem to find any info on the web so I am thinking this is it for now. Love this update but still feel a little lag in the dialier and heats up a little but can live with these.

Upvote 0
just wondering if ICS 4.0.3 is the latest ICS update for all phones or is there another one coming out and if there is one is it ICS 4.0.4 ? My CSC is I9100MBMCLD3 on the Bell Canada network. cant seem to find any info on the web so I am thinking this is it for now. Love this update but still feel a little lag in the dialier and heats up a little but can live with these.

Android 4.0.3 is the latest official firmware for the i9100 so far. 4.0.4 is out but only on the SGSIII at the moment if you are un-rooted.

Reactions: atmasters
Upvote 0
My CSC is OJC which is available according to #2. I connect via Kies and it reads i have the latest firmware. Any ideas?

None I'm afraid. ICS is definitely available for CSC code OJC, (Vodafone, South Africa).

Providing your phone has never been rooted, unlocked and is running the manufacturers/carriers original, out-of-the-box, firmware... you could take it to your nearest Samsung Service Point or Vodafone store and request them to update it for you.

Alternatively, you could flash the OJC firmware, here, using Odin and the instructions in post #1.

Upvote 0
None I'm afraid. ICS is definitely available for CSC code OJC, (Vodafone, South Africa).

Providing your phone has never been rooted, unlocked and is running the manufacturers/carriers original, out-of-the-box, firmware... you could take it to your nearest Samsung Service Point or Vodafone store and request them to update it for you.

Alternatively, you could flash the OJC firmware, here, using Odin and the instructions in post #1.

Thanks... think ill take it to a Vodacom... not sure i can flash it... im clueless with stuff like that. I dont do instruction well :)

Upvote 0
HI
First off i'd like to thank ironass for all the advice he keeps giving which is also the sole reason for me creating an account in here.

My CSC no is I9100OJPKG1 currently running Android version 2.3.3.

Ok, so i too have a S2 which i bought in saudi arabia but using it in sri lanka.
What i have come to understand is that the update is dependent upon the CSC and not on the country its been used in right?? Cos if thats the case Sri Lanka is shown in bold in your post.

OJP according to your manual is an open version right? additionally it is also in bold. so is ICS available for my phone?

When i connect to Kies it shows an update to KJ1 i think which i'm assuming is 2.3.4 but as soon as i click on update it kinda downloads the firmware and simultaneously disconnects from the phone(it shows the kies disconnected window in the background) and then windows asks whether to "search for solution online" or "close the program". After clicking on whichever option it continues to just keep loading aimlessly.

Could you please help me out in regard to updating the software?

Much thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones