• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ics help!! "Security & Screen lock" screen Atrix 2

Ever since the ICS update the security and screen lock screen keeps popping up on me. I can be in the middle of a text, browsing the inet or on the phone. I had a phone pin set. I removed that trying to see if that would help.... nada. Shut down reboot....nada... trying to avoid restore of phone as the phone Calender doesn't sync with Gmail.... not bothered by redownloading apps....just hoping there is a cure that doesn't involve me writing down a massive amount of appts.....please HELP!!!!

Greetings! I have had the same thing happen to me on my Galaxy S3 since last night. I could not figure out what was causing it. Once I sat at my desk at work, I remembered that the last application I installed last night before calling it a night was the AT&T Drive Mode app. I uninstalled the app, and so far, the security screen has not automatically popped up every 30 seconds like it was doing before.

Not sure if you have the AT&T Drive Mode app, but if not, perhaps it is being caused by another app you have recently downloaded and installed? I hope this helps!

Reactions: ivy2012
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones