• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey guys, I'd like to share something...

Yesterday i've updated for official ICS from HTC, my phone is not rooted and never has been, But as soon as i've installed a new ICS its only been trouble, home screen is resetting everytime i go back to it, from anywhere. No widgets were showing and so on, im sure you get the idea that it was ****

anyhow, i've tried to google for answers yet only came across one thing that helped me just now fixed it all...

I've saved all the Data and backed up my stuff with (My backup pro,very good)
I did a hard reset of the phone(yet for the first 3 times it didnt worked at all)
So I've turned it off, took off battery
Got it back in again, right away pressed POWER BUTTON WITH LOWER VOLUME, it opened white window where you can choose i think to
quick reboot
hard reset
and some other stuff i dont remember
So, I've clicked on Hard Reset, had to do it 2-3 times before i got some results,

Now my phone doesn't crash, no lag, no bugs...works good

but i got to worn you all, if you get all the data back to your phone it will lag again like nuts. so i recommend to just get back ONLY all your apps to your new system and get all the data scripted(written or drawn) there manually

So once again

Turn it off, Take out battery
Put it back in, press FIRST power button, THEN RIGHT AWAY Lower volume button, release them... white screen should pop up
Click on Hard Reset( maybe have to do it a few times all over again)
Once everything is loaded check how everything works
Load your Apps back to your phone with My backup pro
And i think you shall be alright)

Share this if it worked for you!

Thanks

Upvote 0
to go back u gotta download the 1.50 ruu (u can find on google or xda) and run it on your computer. make sure u have adb drivers (pdanet.exe) installed or else the installation wont continue. this will reinstall the os on the phone

for the home screen reset u talking about it "loading" constantly when navigating back to it? when it was happening to me it was caused by the option " close all apps" was enabled. default is disabled. turns out this option worked too well and closed all running apps including the background system apps that was running the home screen

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones