If you have insurance on your phone, you *may* want to read this.Tips

Last Updated:

1. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...-you-eris-your-droid-yesterday-afternoon.html

This is a topic about how Asurion will no longer issue replacement Droids to Droid owners, and instead downgrade them to either the Eris or Devour (or Incredible if you're "lucky")

So, why is this important to you? Because your phone may be next. Here's my post in that topic:

Also; yes, I posted this in the Eris forum. Felt you guys needed to know this info too.

Advertisement
  2. psiu

psiu Member

Ally's all around!

3. motoblur96

motoblur96 Member

ally is all around, however, how long can you say that with it nearly having a guarantee that it wont receive OTA updates.

4. phirefaux

phirefaux Well-Known Member

well the devour is in the same boat as far as the ota updates are concerned, at least with the ally it seems they have an active community trying to bring custom roms to the device, so lg may not update it but the hacking community sure will.

5. motoblur96

motoblur96 Member

the devour is now eol (sobs..), and the ally will be as soon as the next enV touch comes out.

6. Saija

Saija New Member

I presume you're in England (the law is different in Scotland and the US). Although the insurance company has given an undertaking, this is not a contract so they are not bound by it. However, the Financial Markets and Services Act requires insurance companies to treat their customers fairly and you have grounds for complaint.I suggest you write to them pointing out what has happened. That way, it will be dealt with by the insurance company and not by someone in a call centre on a different continent.