If you were thinking of trying out Google VoiceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

... you may want to think again. At least about the VM transcription to text.

Here's my laugh for the night:

Hey Jordan. It's gonna. And hey, Prepare moderates market bump acidic clubacidic and mild in nature. Feel extreme a tie-dyed we've made me a call frompaper plays a and sponge Aerosmith, so I'm for chewing we may have to dosome errands to get the stomach tennis just dot which of course will notpromote healing of storms, so give me a call back. Let me know how the onesare doing and let me know how things are going. I'll talk to you Later. ByeBye.

:confused:

What did the voicemail REALLY say? It was my friend, Fiona, who is also my vet. She called with a pathology report, described the various tissue abnormalities found, and suggested that my dog might need to go onto a course of steroids. Where Aerosmith came from is your guess. :D At least it got my name right. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

I don't remember Verizon sending free Transcripts or free Visual Voicemail period. Way to knock on "Free" things man

3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Yeah sometimes they are just way off base although other times it's pretty accurate. You do have the option of sharing text transcripts so they can improve their services :)

4. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

And if you hate it that much, you can just turn the transcribe feature off. Google Voice has plenty of other features to make it worth using.

5. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

I dont think the OP was bashing google voice as much as she was just getting a good laugh from it.

I think its hilarious and have gotten some crazy voicemails aswell. lol

6. greyhndz

Thank you and "exactly".

I'm not bashing, I'm appreciating the text for its entertainment value.

psssst: I'm a she, not a he. ;)

7. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

how do you do this? and if you do this do you still get a text saying you have a voicemail?

8. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Oh im sorry.. fixed =]

9. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

I get crazy transcripts too. I notice if the person leaving the message speaks very clearly, you have a much better chance of understanding. Maybe that should be on our outgoing message? ;)

One thing I really like is the convenience of just pushing the play button for just the message you want to hear. Nice. :)

10. rick311

How do you turn the transcribe feature off? and if you do this, do you still get a text notification telling you you have a voicemail?

11. zurin

zurin Member

You can disable text notifications on the Google voice app, and you disable the emails from the Google voice webpage.

The big feature for me is the ability to immediately play back or delete any voice-mail via my web browser or on my phone.

12. rick311

c'mon dude, i figured you would have to make the changes to the app through the app. i just dont see where in the app it is.

and if i do this, will i at least get a text telling me theres a voicemail?

13. greyhndz

From your Voice main page, upper right corner, click on settings, then voicemail, and you'll see the options. Transcribe shut-off is near the bottom.

You'll see on the same page the options for notifications.

14. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

if you have the google voice app on your phone it doesnt matter how bad the transcription...... at the bottom of the text is a play feature and you can listen to the message right there....... on the website you can turn off sms and email notifications, but if you do then you MUST have the google app or youll never know you have VM

15. zurin

zurin Member

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

You won't get an SMS text, but you will get a Google Voice notification that takes you right to the voicemail where you can play it live on your phone.

16. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude before. I can certainly agree that the transcriptions it comes up with are hilarious sometimes.

17. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

"I didn't. I'm not sure what I'm going to do it now, but I'm on the voice they so I think I'm done so bye."

Despite it looking like it was horribly translated, that's almost exactly how I said it (I hate talking to these things). It somehow picked up "I didn't" at the beginning though. I really hope they get the number working on Verizon here, because I would really like to use the Google Voice number full time. I had to use my home phone for that one.

18. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member

I like google voice, Ive only gotten one voice mail since installing it, But it transcribed everything perfectly.

19. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

:D Great laughs, thank you.

I'm reminded of the early days of imports from Japan; the instruction manuals were a scream: "And to alway do correct of plier not for twist!" ..etc.

20. rick311

[​IMG]
    video game transcribed from Japanese to English.

21. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I thought I heard those illegal immigrant activists down in Arizona chanting that.

22. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

Hahaha. I had a Google Voice translated voicemail that said some weeeeeeird crap like that too. I lol'd.

23. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm loving the "mangled transcription" feature. It's like Forrest Gump's chocolate box...

:D

24. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member