• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm an idiot, deleted my whole SD card, any way to get those files back?

joeseph83

Apr 15, 2010
So as the title states, I'm an idiot and delted everything off of my SD card. The idiot part comes from me getting all gitty about the 2.1 v3 update, not thinking about the pictures and videos that I didn't back up (my music and ROMs already were backed up) and deleting my SD card purposely to get rid of all the old, unneccesary files and folders. Anyways, is there anyway to get these old files back? I've seen another post about a file recovery program but it wasn't very specific.

Yea, I knew I didn't have to delete everything but I still had a bunch of folders from my Voyager and other nonsense on there so I figured might as well clean house at the same time. Good news though, I downloaded "Recuva" and it found some of the photos from my old Voyager SD card, now I'm just hoping I can get the same results for the larger Eris card.

Upvote 0
Not sure I can help you with recovering, I would think it would work the as any drive that has been over written, check out PC World or Download.com for disk recovery tools, there are some decent ones for free. (you will have to mount the SD card with your PC of course)

I HIGHLY recommend i_took_this_on_my_phone application.

Welcome to iTookThisOnMyPhone.com - Automatic Wireless Photo Upload

it will dump every pictures and video you take up to a private web location automatically for instant backup.

best of luck.
gw

Upvote 0
There IS a way to recover, at least some of the files you deleted. Recoverng is always tricky and most times it's impossible to recover EVERYTHING. I did the same thing with my SD card from my camera, had pics of my kids i didn't want to lose! I can't recall the exact program I used at the time but you may want to try the open source app Recuva (if you use Windows) - Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Upvote 0
Well, I've had some decent luck in the recovery of my pics, I'm going to try videos when I get off work. Here's another question though, if I can recover my other files is there a place that I can find saved NESoid states on my card? I didn't really care about it until I rememebered that I have a Final Fantasy 1 game going that I'd really hate to start over, my Blackbelt finally got to a point where he's not completely worthless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones