• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I'm having problems with Titanium Backup

mudking

Mar 12, 2011
Today, I installed Titanium Backup and I've had some problems. First, it couldn't get root access. I know I have root, so I pushed "problems" and installed busybox from there. It worked after that for awhile. Then, I just try to go into Titanium to do a backup and it's telling me to turn on debugging mode and allow unknown sources. I already have both debugging mode and allow unknown sources ticked on. So, I went back to settings and ticked them both off then on again. I go back to Titanium and it works fine, but only once or twice. Then, it gives me the same warnings again. I remember reading something about installing busybox from Titanium causing problems, but I don't know where that was or if it applies here.

I can't remember now if I had rebooted right after. I certainly have now and I haven't seen it again yet. So, it's ok to be using the busybox that Titanium installs? I don't have to install a modified busybox for the TB?

I didn't have to. I installed Busybox through Ti and then a few other things and rebooted. It's worked fine ever since then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones