I'm hearing of a lot of people who have had there rooted n1 fixed by warranty still?

Last Updated:

1. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did i miss something? My friend with a rooted phone dropped it and cracked the screen and he got his exact same phone back from HTC covered by the warranty...Anyone else hearing of stories like this?

(Does the warranty even cover damage that was caused by a physical force such as screen cracks by the ground and things?)

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yes apparently HTC will fix/replace a handset with a hardware defect under warranty regardless of the unlocked bootloader, which is the way it should be.
    Of course not, it's a warranty, not an insurance plan.

3. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

If this is true I'm going to have a difficult time talking myself out of rooting it.

4. indieladadam

indieladadam Member

Same. They say voids warranty bt if they don't check (n doubt they do) then ima root mine

5. mudrock1000

Well I think that i may unlock my bootloader soon. I could totally use the extra space on the microSD and extra RAM.

6. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

I dunno if you guys have ever experienced an unlocked boot on the N1... but there is literally an "unlocked" icon on the screen when you boot up the phone (the screen with the Nexus "X"). There is no way they will "miss it" if they actually power on the phone. But... like others have said, maybe they are fixing hardware issues regardless.

7. mudrock1000

I'm aware of the obvious lock you may see after the bootloaders been unlocked but man I'd love to root my phone. Anyone else have stories? i'd love some conformation and what not.

8. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

The statement I got from HTC was that with unlocked phones they would cover unrelated issues. ie if they could prove that the issue was in ANY way caused by a nnon stock rom, your outta luck. however hardware issues they would continue to cover as they would be unaffected by the rooting.

9. likewhoa

likewhoa Member

this is good news, not like people are being careless like me when rooting a phone :D

10. mudrock1000

Any more stories?