• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I'm not getting audio and text notifications when screen is off

And programs like skype are no responding when calling and also
e-mail programs and other apps that have notifications.

That definitely sounds like it's going into a completely suspended standby mode, just like a laptop does when the lid is closed, which resumes when it's opened again. As I said, unlike phones, which do keep things running and active even when the screen is off. I'm not sure if all Android tablets work like this though, or just this Prestigio PMP3111 device, which is actually made by Shenzhen Neostra. www.neostra.com/

Prestigio is just an importer in Czech Republic that puts their name on whatever budget things they can get from China. If there's nothing in the settings or manual about power management options, etc. might be worth contacting either Prestigio or Neostra and enquiring about it, see if they can suggest anything.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately after researching this there is no current solution. That particular tablet has a limited feature set (settings) and poor battery life; in order to retain battery those tablets are placed in a deep sleep mode when the screen is off, and no notifications are given. I wish there was something further, unfortunately at this time there is nothing you can do.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones