• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm sad and miss my Eris

Yep, the Corporate angle is the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) with all the security features available. Also, they can control what applications can be installed. I don't think you can't really control app installations on an iPhone or a gPhone. In fact, I haven't heard of a BES enabled Blackberry being hacked since once it is tethered to the BES with the right security precautions, like wiping, the Blackberry always gets its settings from the BES irregardless of the phone or user settings.

I will admit though that a Blackberry tethered though a BES for Exchange does offer automatic Exchange Global Address List (GAL) matching which is nice. And, since the BES administrators setup the Blackberry handheld for me, that left me with very little to do when I received the corporate Blackberry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones