• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [IMAGE] MH5_STOCK_SPH-M840 (Prevail2/Ring) Odin Image

Koumajutsu

Android Expert
Aug 26, 2011
Needles, CA
www.paypal.com
Here is an image I created of the MH5 update as pure stock.
I have also included a copy of Odin in the zip in case anyone needs it.
I will likely not include it in the zip in the future

Link: SPH-M840_MH5_Stock.zip

Instructions:
Unzip the contents of the zip file to a directory.
Run the included odin .exe file
Click the PDA button and browse to the included tar.md5 file.
Put the phone into Download mode (hold volume down and power.)
Click Start.

Your phone will reboot when complete

SPH-M840_MH5_Modem.zip
Flash this file in CWM to update your BaseBand to the MH5 modem.

I have provided this because ODIN is not capable of writing the amss.mbn file to the system. I have tried making a custom PIT file and have flashed that into the pit partition, but I have not dared to attempt an ODIN re-partition with the custom PIT out of fear of a brick, and this phone is currently my daily driver.
If someone else cares to assume this risk and will not hold me accountable should anything go wrong, let me know, I can send you the pit, and the stock one I made a backup of :)

STEPS WOULD BE DOWNLOAD UNZIP AND LOAD INTO ODIN AM GUESSIN WHERE IT SAYS pda AND CHECK THE BOX NEXT TO pda AND CLICK START? IVE LOADED STOCK ROM BACK IN MY PREVAIL 2 BUT BUT ITS STILL HAVING PROBLEMS IT WONT BOOT IN RECOVERY ONLY DL AND UP MODE WHEN I TRY TO POWER IT ON IT TURNS ON SCREEN SAYS SAMSUNG N TURNS RIGHT BACK OFF WHEN ITS POZ TO FINISH TURNING ON ANY SOLUTIONZ

Upvote 0
STEPS WOULD BE DOWNLOAD UNZIP AND LOAD INTO ODIN AM GUESSIN WHERE IT SAYS pda AND CHECK THE BOX NEXT TO pda AND CLICK START? IVE LOADED STOCK ROM BACK IN MY PREVAIL 2 BUT BUT ITS STILL HAVING PROBLEMS IT WONT BOOT IN RECOVERY ONLY DL AND UP MODE WHEN I TRY TO POWER IT ON IT TURNS ON SCREEN SAYS SAMSUNG N TURNS RIGHT BACK OFF WHEN ITS POZ TO FINISH TURNING ON ANY SOLUTIONZ

You mentioned earlier that you had attempted to flash a ROM to your phone with ROM Manager. There's a strong chance that doing that caused important partitions to be overwritten. Seeing as you can get into download mode, there is a possibility that your phone can be recovered, but in all likelyhood, it's probably not.

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
you mentioned earlier that you had attempted to flash a rom to your phone with rom manager. There's a strong chance that doing that caused important partitions to be overwritten. Seeing as you can get into download mode, there is a possibility that your phone can be recovered, but in all likelyhood, it's probably not.

whats the possibility ill try anything but after the rom manager thing which was a cwm it was workin cool upntil an update i flaskd a rom from here it passed on odin but phne stayed same but now i try flashs from previous thread n n it fails and i think one of urz

Upvote 0

Instructions:
Unzip the contents of the zip file to a directory.
Run the included odin .exe file
Click the PDA button and browse to the included tar.md5 file.
Put the phone into Download mode (hold volume down and power.)
Click Start.

Your phone will reboot when complete

i tryed it failed

Upvote 0
i flashed recovery cloclwok base md5 thing it lets me boot to recovery now but the phone wont turn on at all it starts up and turns back off about the same only difference i can boot to the screen where u can part ion clear cache factory rest on the recover mood when i go to reboot now n click it it says dont have root permission root device? i click yes and it restarts and does right bak to recovery mode so that kernal will help make the phone completely turn on since the recovery file made it boot to that screen?

Upvote 0
hey Kouma i flashed your clockwork base recovery thing that got my phone to get into revoery like in one of your screen shots now is there any rom or anything i can flash that wont fail on odin and get the phone to start up fully thru there i go on reboot now or reboot recovery it says missing root access root device? i click yes and boots back into the recovery clockwork thing

Upvote 0
hey Kouma i flashed your clockwork base recovery thing that got my phone to get into revoery like in one of your screen shots now is there any rom or anything i can flash that wont fail on odin and get the phone to start up fully thru there i go on reboot now or reboot recovery it says missing root access root device? i click yes and boots back into the recovery clockwork thing

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-ring-all-things-root/763469-rom-deodexed-odexed-stock-rom.html

You could try that. It's just a slightly tweaked stock, but if it'll run then you're back in business until we get some custom stuff running :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones