• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Images From Space! Put that camera to work.

This is B.S.

The OP totally did this first. Look at this crap. Pic's From Space - Android Central Forums

First let me say I have communicated with the OP and believe we have resolved this. My intentions were not to hijack this thread but only to build upon it because I have a great passion for astronomy . I have since given him credit on the other forum and he is also taking some heat for his post over there and I have defended him. I have taken pictures like these long before I got a smart phone and when I saw his pics I was impressed because they were as good or better than the ones I have taken with my digital camera. I hope that some of you that see these pics will be inspired to get your own telescope because it is a wonderful hobby and there is a lot more out in space to see than the moon and planets!
Thank you
Doug

Reactions: Zahav
Upvote 0
First let me say I have communicated with the OP and believe we have resolved this. My intentions were not to hijack this thread but only to build upon it because I have a great passion for astronomy . I have since given him credit on the other forum and he is also taking some heat for his post over there and I have defended him. I have taken pictures like these long before I got a smart phone and when I saw his pics I was impressed because they were as good or better than the ones I have taken with my digital camera. I hope that some of you that see these pics will be inspired to get your own telescope because it is a wonderful hobby and there is a lot more out in space to see than the moon and planets!
Thank you
Doug

Yes, I edited one of my previous posts to address this earlier. Locoman is a cool guy and I'm convinced he ment no harm to me or this forum.

Upvote 0
Ok, got the Jupiter shots!

There are really two things that I wanted to capture in these images. One is Jupiter's cloud bands and the other is it's four visible moons. They are impossible to get in the same picture because Jupiter itself is so much brighter than it's surrounding moons.

Jupiter with visible cloud band:
35a137c6.jpg

Jupiter with visible cloud band (cropped and enlarged):
35a137c6-1.jpg

Jupiter with moons:
df793dfa.jpg

Now I just need to get back to sleep.

Reactions: sunthas
Upvote 0
What camera settings did you use? I tried to do this myself, and was able to get some shots, but the moon shots were far too bright. I adjusted the ISO to 100, but still too bright. Any suggestions?

I don't know what kind of telescope you have but some general fixes might be to set the brightness setting as low as it will go and maybe to partially cover the part of the opening of the telescope to stop some light.

Upvote 0
I don't know what kind of telescope you have but some general fixes might be to set the brightness setting as low as it will go and maybe to partially cover the part of the opening of the telescope to stop some light.

I don't have anything great. It's a Bushnell 78-2010 (200mmx114mm) reflector.

Upgrading my telescope will be my next major gadget purchase after the incredible :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones