• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IMEI deleted

sps

Lurker
Oct 18, 2013
Dear,
I have a Google Nexus 4, have been using my phone from last 6-7 months, last night I woke up and I see no network on my phone. I did hard reset on the phone and wasn't helpful, then I saw there's no IMEI entry on my device.

I wrote to google and they said we can't help send device back to LG. Problem is I bought this device from grey market without bill.

does any one know how to get IMEI number back on to the device.

Attached are few pics.

PLEASE HELPPPP MEEE !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-18-20-08-32.JPG
    Screenshot_2013-10-18-20-08-32.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_2013-10-18-20-09-28.JPG
    Screenshot_2013-10-18-20-09-28.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 76
how do I know if I have backup efs data? and how do I flash the factory image?

Backing up efs is a very technical procedure that requires usage of the Android development bridge. Chances are you'd remember making a backup due to how difficult it is.

As for flashing a factory image, that would require unlocking your bootloader and completely wiping your device. If you have a windows pc, it can be fairly automated through the use of toolkits. However, due to the relatively low chance of success, is still recommend attempting a rma with LG.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones