• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Import iPhone backup to Android

sgrif

Lurker
Jun 9, 2010
So recently I accidentally jumped in a pool with my iPhone in my pocket while on vacation. It's showing some signs of life and has working well enough for me to be in communication with the world, but overall it's more or less ****ed. My contract with AT&T is up, so I jumped ship to Verizon and my HTC Incredible is arriving today. The phone stopped booting last night, however, so I have no way to access my contacts other than the iTunes backup I have on my computer. Is there any way to import these contacts into Android?

As far as I know there isn't. Google might be your best friend at this point. If you can't find anything there you are screwed. I would suggest synching your contacts with gmail once you get this all sorted out. That way you can just synch a new phone with your gmail account and everything will be right there

Upvote 0
I'm guessing you're not using a Mac running Snow Leopard then? I hear that Snow Leopard has a way to sync your address book and calendar with Google Contacts and Google Calendar.

No, I'm running a PC with Windows 7. There is apparently an option when you're selecting the sync options with the phone to have it sync with google contacts or export them as a .csv file from there, but the phone isn't booting, so what I need is either somewhere in itunes that lets me do that, or a third party program that can read the backup files

Upvote 0
No, I'm running a PC with Windows 7. There is apparently an option when you're selecting the sync options with the phone to have it sync with google contacts or export them as a .csv file from there, but the phone isn't booting, so what I need is either somewhere in itunes that lets me do that, or a third party program that can read the backup files

You could see if a friend will let you use their iPhone to do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones