• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incipio Offgrid messing up my S4 touchscreen?

iploya

Android Enthusiast
Aug 25, 2010
I have the Galaxy S4. I recently purchased an Incipio Offgrid battery case from an airport electronics store. I think -- like 75% sure -- that it's messing up my touchscreen, even after I take it off.

After using the Offgrid for a short while, my touchscreen seems to short circuit, or skip, or throw in a bunch of random characters, particularly when using swiping mode in Swiftkey.

The behavior is similar to when I try to use the phone with the charger plugged in. Probably most of us are familiar with how the touchscreen misbehaves when plugged into the wall.

Except, the erratic behavior on this phone continues even after I remove the case. Yesterday, with the case off, I did a master reset. My phone screen seemed to work fine all day. Then, I figured maybe the case had nothing to do with it, so I slapped the Offgrid back on for awhile. Now, the phone is screwing up again.

Can you post a picture of that battery case? What I'm thinking is that case probably putting a pressure on the back of your S4 thus messing up your screen. Galaxy phone construction is not the sturdiest and you will get some flex of the printing wiring board if you put a pressure on the back (especially if battery is thicker than it supposed to be).

Incipio never strike me as the high quality case manufacturer in the past and they definitely don't manufacturer their own batteries, probably re-branding it from China without too much of quality control.

Reactions: iploya
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones