• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Inconsistant email push - help!

gulbane

Oct 17, 2010
I love my new Droid X but I have been having intermiddent issues with my email accounts pushing.

I use my stock gmail account, a yahoo account, and a corporate account. When one stops working they all do. I will press the refresh button and it will spin and spin and spin and never succeed regardless of the account that I check.

The only solution is to reboot the phone. Sometimes I can force close the "email" program via the Manage Applications section which may or not immediately fix the problem. This issue seems to happen once or twice a day.

Besides rebooting the phone (which usually works but not always) what else can I check or do to fix this? I use my email all the time and so have to keep checking to see if it's working is extremely annoying.

Sync is set to on - and data is always set to pushing.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones