• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible....

Stwok

Lurker
Dec 9, 2010
Mid-A
Hey everyone,

I just switched 2 weeks week from the palm pre. Let me say, I wish I had waited a little longer to get this phone when it first came out. I'm completely impressed with its speed and functionality. The form of the phone is great too.

I had one question though that has me puzzled... When I first got the phone, I swear I thought the optical joystick illuminated or lit up... Was I imaging it? Or was it actually the Home/Menu bar...

Either way what im wondering is why there isnt a notification light of some sort when the device is un/locked, and if there will be one in the future with updates.

I've tried several of the apps in the market, but none of them seemed to do the trick, probably because they were created for other devices specifically.

Appreciate the help, and I'm glad to join the Droid community!

Either way what im wondering is why there isnt a notification light of some sort when the device is un/locked, and if there will be one in the future with updates.

I've tried several of the apps in the market, but none of them seemed to do the trick, probably because they were created for other devices specifically.

Appreciate the help, and I'm glad to join the Droid community!

I'm not sure I understand the question. When you lock/unlock the screen lights up/goes dark. Why would you need a notification?

Upvote 0
Sorry after rereading what i wrote, it doesn't quite make sense.

I understand that the Optical Joystick has no light, that was just my imagination getting the best of me when i first got the phone...

What I meant to ask was why there is no notification light when the screen is either locked, or unlocked. We can set the audio tone, and vibrate when receiving a notification, but there is no light that indicates there is a new notification.

Did Froyo disable this feature? Is this something our Dinc is not capable of doing? or will it be fixed with a future update?

Thanks for the assistance!

I'm not sure I understand the question. When you lock/unlock the screen lights up/goes dark. Why would you need a notification?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones