• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root IncredibleDoes AOSP ROM

Ptriz21

May 1, 2010
[ROM] IncredibleDoes AOSP - FRF91 - 720p [v0.4] Aug/20 - xda-developers

Hadn't seen anyone mention this ROM so i'll give a little review.

So my ultimate goal is to be running a ROM that has not been touched by Sense. I tried CM6-RC3 and was kind of liking it, but its hard trying to live with the random reboots and freezing.

I decided to give IncredibleDoes ROM a try as it is the only other AOSP ROM around.

First impressions is that it was pretty snappy and had minimal FC/freezes.
Some specific checks:
GPS/Maps working
Camera caused random reboot once when switching between camcorder and camera. Went into boot loop and was fixed by battery pull, no issues since.
Contacts synced
Facebook works
Titanium Recovered everything normally

Looks like the ROM comes in at 1.113 ghz according to setCPU
Quadrant ran at 1400 on the very first try. Next 3 consecutive trials stayed down around 1300.

Overall it is not as fast as CM6 but it seems a little more stable. Though i will probably try out the "stable" CM6 when it sounds like the bugs get worked out a bit and its not coming in at 1.15 ghz bc my phone can't handle it.

I love Incredible Does' rom. Infact, I had the opposite experience. It seems faster and is a hell of a lot more stable then CM. I keep flashing all these nightlies and "stable" fixes and what not and each time Im let down.

BTW, not that quadrant scores really matter, but I score consistently in the 1600s with IDs rom with my highest being around 1690. I cant even keep CM open long enough without rebooting or freezing to run a quadrant test.

Upvote 0
It wasn't the speed. The number of random reboots kept increasing. And every now and then it would get stuck at the boot animation.

I flashed CM6.0.1, which is clocked down to .9ghz instead of 1.15ghz and its looking pretty good. Of course I started this thread saying the same thing about ID and look where that got me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones