• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Indecisive about unlocking my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 T-999

Well unlocking phones in the US is currently illegal, so I doubt tmoblie is handing them out anymore. It would bring slightly higher prices if you are able to unlock it, and if it's like the att version there are other ways to do so.

It depends on many things whether its legal or not.

Doing it with carrier permission is still completely legal...

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I currently have a at&t galaxy s3 and came across a tmobile galaxy s3 and unlocked it immediately to sell. You dont have to pay for any unlock codes when it comes to this phone. Just google how to unlock galaxy s3 and there's a quick method to use as long as you follow the steps and you're good to go.

Here's another question: Will it work on At&t perfectly like the At&t models?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
It depends on many things whether its legal or not.

Doing it with carrier permission is still completely legal...

That was my current understanding. I mean I can't just go and decide to buy a code on cellunlocker.com and decide to pay 25 dollars for an unlock. The reason why I am doing this is because I am not planing to keep this phone for too long. I might sell it and buy my new phone.:D

Upvote 0
I went online chat with T-Mobile and had my unlock code the next day. This was a week after the new Law went into effect. You can still get them from the provider.

I started a new contract with T-Mobile, but I wanted to know if the 40 day rule would apply to me. Does it? I mean I have a good standing. I have paid my monthly bill. So do I just wait another 30 days or am I still ineligible to get the unlock from T-Mobile.:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones