• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Infuse not at&t? HELP!

okay, so i have a samsung infuse, and i noticed that mine is unlike most others that i've seen. its not from at&t. it has no at&t logo at the top, and frankly, im just confused. it will not connect to kies, and it doesnt even have the option when i connect it to my laptop. just something called EZupdater? whats this? i went online, and cant find anything about it anywhere. the usb choices are
EZupdater
media player
mass storage
now im not having any trouble at all in removing, and putting in files, but i would really like to use the kies service, and find out what the hell i have. im a second owner of this phone. i got it from friend of mine who is out of town. please... im begging you... >< help....

I suspect that your Infuse is Canadian. A quick search shows that the Rogers version of the Infuse had EZUpdater on it and no carrier logo.

I don't think there should be any difference in hardware, so you could probably use Odin or Heimdall to flash an AT&T stock image (with a pit) and the phone would be no different from a US one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones