• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Inline Pictures in Gmail

Gmail for Android: 4.8 (1167183)
Nexus 5 , non-rooted

A friend of mine sent me an email in Gmail with inline pictures, the pictures are displayed perfectly in my nexus 7 (2013, non rooted gmail 4.8 (1167183)) and desktop automatically when i open the email. This not happens in my Nexus 5 mobile. They only displayed as an empty line square with a small icon at the center. In order to view the pictures i have to download and save them one by one to Nexus 5 (or upload and save to Gdrive) and open the jpg file(s). The is no "show image" button.

How could i make Nexus 5 show gmail inline pictures in the same way as Nexus 7?

Thank you for your help !!

SLo

FYI the setting "Data Usage/Images" (at the bottom of the screen) in my default gmail account was already set to "Always show" !!

Gmail for Android: 4.8 (1167183)
Nexus 5 , non-rooted

A friend of mine sent me an email in Gmail with inline pictures, the pictures are displayed perfectly in my nexus 7 (2013, non rooted gmail 4.8 (1167183)) and desktop automatically when i open the email. This not happens in my Nexus 5 mobile. They only displayed as an empty line square with a small icon at the center. In order to view the pictures i have to download and save them one by one to Nexus 5 (or upload and save to Gdrive) and open the jpg file(s). The is no "show image" button.

How could i make Nexus 5 show gmail inline pictures in the same way as Nexus 7?

Thank you for your help !!

SLo

FYI the setting "Data Usage/Images" (at the bottom of the screen) in my default gmail account was already set to "Always show" !!

That's strange. Gmail on my N5 shows them inline with the photos open and I don't have to download them.

This is just a guess, but try checking in Gmail under
"Settings/General Settings" and make sure that "Auto fit messages" is checked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones