• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insanity Workout

Vinsanity93

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
NY
Hey people! I don't know if anyone here has tried Insanity but I'm planning to start it next week. The problem is I have a vacation in August and that might mess up the routine. Do any of you think that missing a couple of days would ruin the rest of the workout?

My friends are just doing P90 now, and the key to succeeding is sticking to the routine. However, where you are going, is there anyway you can bring the video with you and workout there? If you cannot follow the full routine, try to do some type of exercise, otherwise you will also find your regular routine more difficult after not having worked out.

Upvote 0
It will affect it, the point is sticking to it. I have all 3 packs of insanity and P90x as well and seriously Insanity is wayyyyyyy more intense than p90x since is a nonstop mixed workout. Best advice will be to rip the dvd on to a laptop if you have one and bring it with you, if not than do what MeS117 said.

Upvote 0
If you're looking for a lifetime, lifestyle change, missing a week of Insanity (or P90X or whatever) isn't going to matter. Cause you're gonna choose a fit lifestyle beyond those 60 (or 90) days, right?

I was once super-worried about details like this until I realized that in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Life happens. You may not get to exercise on your schedule all the time. The key is consistency and not becoming lazy after the prescribed timeframe.

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
If you're looking for a lifetime, lifestyle change, missing a week of Insanity (or P90X or whatever) isn't going to matter. Cause you're gonna choose a fit lifestyle beyond those 60 (or 90) days, right?

I was once super-worried about details like this until I realized that in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Life happens. You may not get to exercise on your schedule all the time. The key is consistency and not becoming lazy after the prescribed timeframe.

Truer words have never been spoken. Diets & work out programs like this are a quick fix. Once your done w/ them you back to what you were doing before. Lifestyle changes last a lifetime ( or at least they should ).

Upvote 0
Hey people! I don't know if anyone here has tried Insanity but I'm planning to start it next week. The problem is I have a vacation in August and that might mess up the routine. Do any of you think that missing a couple of days would ruin the rest of the workout?

To be honest, yes. If you are someone or anyone serious about this workout you would simply follow the routine. It was design and set up that way for a reason. You have not even started yet and making excuse so this tells me you will missed many more. This workout is no joke, it is real. The key is DISCIPLE, you have to do the exercise and eat right also. This goes for any program or if you exercise on your own. Exercise and eating properly is the key. Also remember every body type is different, so don't try to look like another individual, look for what's best for you.

Upvote 0
Funny I should see this thread right now. My boyfriend is downstairs doing P90X Core Synergistics (late night tonight. He normally goes at it at 11pm every night accept Saturday). He's been at it for a few months and I've been watching the pounds melt away and seeing him tone up (he's doing it to get more healthy).

You'll need a decent sized area to work out, so make room. Set up a time every day and hit play! You can do it!

Upvote 0
This vacation has been planned since last year, if I wait to start Insanity after, it will go into my school semester and I won't have enough time to do it then. ( Engineering leaves me with little free time :/ )

So this must mean that it is not necessarily a whole lifestyle change, but you just want to complete the program to at least improve your current body. That said, each day of this workout is going to be important. I am not sure if I heard you say if you can bring the videos with you on your vacation, but doing insanity will only take up this much of your day. You could try doing it early morning, and enjoying your vacation the rest of the day.

Remember that Insanity is not easy, and it will require sacrifice by you, in whatever form it may be.

Upvote 0
374000_294681850608863_604641824_n.jpg

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0

lol!

You're a funny one!

:)

I use this as my work out:

liposuction-bjj-demotivational-poster-1196965735.jpg

Naah all jokes aside I use that thing that you can put on a door lintel and pull yourself up on it.

It has more than one use like push ups and all sorts of things it is a really nice idea / concept and works really well for me at least.

What is the "Insanity" work out thingy if I can ask?

Sounds pretty cool.

I will Google this asap and check this out!

Sounds cool! :)

Upvote 0
Lol first time i tried insanity made it halfway through the fitness test and gave up. So cardio intense and my smoking wasnt helping. Tried P90x too, but its kinda silly to have a 2 month low resistance training month for the third month of high intensity. IMO All i need is to eat right, my bench press, freeweights, pushups/situps, hand grips, and plenty of calorie burning in bed ;0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones