• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instagram for android

TerryRRR

Lurker
Jun 19, 2012
Hi, I recently switched from a BB to an HTC One V running ICS. So still getting used to the new world. I am trying to use Instagram, but when I upload to Facebook, it doesn't create an Instagram Photos album, but instead places a thumbnail on my wall and then when you click on that, it takes you to the full sized photo, but on Instagram's URL, not a facebook page. My friends on FB don't seem to have this issue--when you click on their instagram photos, it is just like clicking on a 'normal' FB photo. Maybe the iPhone app works differently? Wondering if I am doing something wrong. thanks

Hi TerryRRR, how are you?

I also have instagram downloaded on my Galaxy Ace and have been uploading pix from time to time. The first time I've uploaded a pic, it created an album.... then each time i upload, pix are added to my instagram album automatically....
on my wall, each pic has a link to my instagram profile but if you will click on the pic, it will just maximize from the album....

i have an ipod but i dont use it anymore.... i was once an apple fan before android came.....

Upvote 0
Hi TerryRRR, how are you?

I also have instagram downloaded on my Galaxy Ace and have been uploading pix from time to time. The first time I've uploaded a pic, it created an album.... then each time i upload, pix are added to my instagram album automatically....
on my wall, each pic has a link to my instagram profile but if you will click on the pic, it will just maximize from the album....

i have an ipod but i dont use it anymore.... i was once an apple fan before android came.....

Thanks INvinter23, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Can you explain to me the steps you take from the moment you snap the photo? Thanks for your time, Terry

Upvote 0
Thanks INvinter23, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Can you explain to me the steps you take from the moment you snap the photo? Thanks for your time, Terry

Hi,

Its automatic on my part like when i upload normal photos (not using instagram)... photos are uploaded under mobile uploads... im not really what's wrong in your end... have you tried to uninstall-install it?

Upvote 0
From what I have noticed, if you share a photo from instagram to facebook after it has already been uploaded to instagram, it posts a link to the picture rather than saves to your facebook photo album. But if you select to share the photo to facebook during the upload stage, it will save properly. It's a pretty stupid oversight by the developers.

Upvote 0
From what I have noticed, if you share a photo from instagram to facebook after it has already been uploaded to instagram, it posts a link to the picture rather than saves to your facebook photo album. But if you select to share the photo to facebook during the upload stage, it will save properly. It's a pretty stupid oversight by the developers.

No its not an oversight, its a securiTy measure. Its normal for any app or website, it can't share data itself into our out of Facebook as a security measure by FB itself to prevent personal data from being stolen. Because its linking data from another site (instagram) into Facebook, it just posts links. However, if you are posting the edited photo data from yor phone before upload, the pic is comng from a device recognized by Facebook to b yours (you are logged in the app), so it allows editing of albums.

Upvote 0
I've just installed Instagram on a Samsung Galaxy SIII and there seems to be a problem with sharing to facebook. When sharing you can't select the destination wall to post to, IE if you have a facebook page it will always post to your personal profile and not give you the option of posting to a page. Only asking as Instagram on iPhone does have this option.

Anyone come across this?

Upvote 0
You can't "share" to facebook. However you can post to Facebook. If upon taking the picture and before posting to Instagram, you choose to post to Facebook as well, it will appear in a Facebook album. However if you share an already posted picture to Facebook, it will only share a link.

Basically before you post it on instagram, you should already activate the post to Facebook function too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones