• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Install app on second SD-Card

Hi,

you are right. There is one storage fix from Samsung (the explorer names it sdcard0) and the second one, which I placed (the explorer names it sdcard1).

Can you agree?

I would like to install the app Sygic (more than 5GB) on the sdcard1. How to do?

Regards

Ludwig

I don't know.

What I do know is that Kit Kat has just about destroyed the functional capability of the Sd card.

One app cannot copy the contents of another app to the ext sd card.

A camera app can create a directory and store its' own pictures to the sd card under its' own private folder, but it cannot store them to any other folder.

This is something that has to be corrected with Kit Kat, it is totally inexcusable that we can't copy paste anything to the sd card.

Upvote 0
Hi,

how can I install an app on the second SD Card? I would like to install Sygic, which size is with the maps 5 GB or more.

Thanks

Ludwig

Go into the application manager, find and click the application and then if it allows it you can move the app to your SD card there. Look for the option "Move to SD Card", if its greyed out then you cant move that app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones