Installation of "Google Maps" was unsuccessful.

Last Updated:

1. altjx

altjx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went to the Market today and noticed Google Maps was automatically updating (I'm using Froyo 2.2 on the Moto Droid). After it downloaded, it said Installing... then it said "Installation of Google Maps unsuccessful".

When I go to the app in the market itself, it says "A manual update is required." However, when browsing the "Downloads" section, there is no "Update available" next to Google Maps. all it says is "free" as if its not even installing when it is indeed installed. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Same thing is happening to me.

It's the exact same version as the one in the nandroid folder, so it really doesn't matter. It seems to be an incompatibility issue. If you still have Maps installed, I would just hold tight for a bit. I think it'll get sorted out by Google. If you need to reinstall it, extract the Maps.apk out of the system/app folder of the nandroid folder, put it on your sdcard and reinstall that.

3. altjx

Thanks

4. altjx

damn :\ this is so weird. after deleting map.apk and trying to "reinstall" i still get an error when installing. now im stuck without maps app

5. myootnt

myootnt New Member

It is not the same exact app. Installed is v4.2 and does not have transit schedule lookup functionality. Do I have an answer? No. Somebody suggested a root installer tool.

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

7. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Rooted MT3G here with same problem. Is there a fix?