• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installed new micro sd but not working

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
I have filled the 4Gb card on my non-rooted Desire so bought a 16G to replace it. I had thought that it would be just a matter of copying the data across but it hasn't worked. I don't have an adapter so I mounted the phone as a disk drive, copied from the 4Gb card to the PC then inserted the 16Gb on the phone and copied the data back to the 16Gb. I checked that I could see all the data and disconnected from the PC. I rebooted and the SD card wasn't recognised at all. I've gone back to the 4Gb for the time being.

The only thing I can think of to do is to format the 16Gb and try again. As I have no adapter how do I do this? Or is this not a good idea and, if so, what else should I be doing? Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones