Support installing apps in SD card

1. ashimashi

ashimashi Active Member

Hi,

How do I choose what apps can be installed on my SD card? I want to install the big ones like games that are 1GB+ on that so my phone does run out of space. I just want to do it for a couple apps and then make the rest the phones memory as default.

Advertisement
  2. togger161

togger161 Well-Known Member

Go in to settings, then scroll down to applications. Second tab is "On SD Card" Select the app you want to move, on the window that opens up there is a "move to SD card" option.

Moved loads of stuff on my old HTC Desire due to memory issues, but on the GS2 I have not bothered to move anything as of yet.
  3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

The big games with 1GB of data will be saved in the USB storage of the phone. That can't be help unless you are rooted, where some sort of solution might be found.

Move2SD only clear up the 2GB internal phone memory where small apps are stored in full, and part of big apps are stored.
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

5. ashimashi

ashimashi Active Member

Ya I noticed that. So I can't move USB storage to SD Card? I can only move Internal Storage to SD space?
  6. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Yes ashi.

Oh and shotgun, read that topic in xda forum before but remembered it was in reference to S3 since that no longer have move 2sd. Since not rooted, wasn't sure its applicable and didn't want too give wrong advice.
  7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Yeah I first came across it in the gs3 forum but the app isn't device specific. I don't think it will work on all phones but it does work on quite a few including the s2.