• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing Apps

lostrobin

Lurker
May 20, 2012
Hello,
My name is Robin and I am new to Android Forums. I will see that I make myself understandable. Hope someone can answer my question.
Just bought a Samsung Prevail 2.3 phone from BoostMobile. Cannot install anything on my phone. How can I install directly to my sd card? Is this possible.
I'm so frustrated. I have even uninstalled some apps and now cannot even install them back onto the phone externally or internally. Shows: Low on Space;phone storage space is getting low. Can anyone help me please?

Hello,
My name is Robin and I am new to Android Forums. I will see that I make myself understandable. Hope someone can answer my question.
Just bought a Samsung Prevail 2.3 phone from BoostMobile. Cannot install anything on my phone. How can I install directly to my sd card? Is this possible.
I'm so frustrated. I have even uninstalled some apps and now cannot even install them back onto the phone externally or internally. Shows: Low on Space;phone storage space is getting low. Can anyone help me please?

You would need an app to sd feature, they have them on the play store. Or you can go to the rooted section of prevail they have a roms that have that feature into the system. You would have to root your phone to get any rom. also to get any of the better apps to sd you would have to have a rooted phone too. I have 100 apps and my internal memory is only one third used. just check out the rooted prevail section and they have excellent instructions there

Reactions: lostrobin
Upvote 0
thank you for your assistance.

i installed app2sd and was able to get a couple of apps. now i have all this space and can't install to sd again.

i will try the root. :turtle:

The apps2sd are good but it still stores the data and that uses space too. Root is the way to go and then the roms have great apps2sd in them. Any more ?'s just pm me and i will help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones