• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installing Dronix on my Huawei U8150

bewpy

Lurker
Nov 16, 2011
I am thinking about Rooting and ROMing my Huawei u8150(t-mobile comet), using Z4root, and Dronix (Idk what version).. ive seen many sites that say the u8150 does support Dronix, I just wanted to confirm this... and what are the chances something would go wrong with my phone and break? and if something does go wrong, is it possible to go back to default? I am new to ROMing, ive rooted my phone but thats it.

Anyone have a good guide on doing the above? + backing up the default rom, in case something does go wrong?

50 views and no replies? Bump please...

I guess what I really wanna know is, how do I back up my default ROM? I tried using Rom Manager, but when I go to backup, it list a bunch of phone models, but mine isnt in there.. (Huawei U8150) .. Is there any other ways to back up my rom?

Upvote 0
I looking for the same same answer and oh i have posted a similar thread at xda forums... [Q] flash guide? - xda-developers.... no replies just like you ....as i said, but i can help you to making backups .... through clock world mod.. go here.... Huawei Ideos U8150 Recovery Guide - xda-developers ... and flash the mod using method three .. if all goes well then you should have a working recovery boot into it by pressing volume up and and red key( call end) together while you press the power on button..there you can make backups ...
i still willing to flash dronix ROM but i don't want to risk breaking my phone ..still looking for answers before i try it out...
oh and a thank you always welcomed :rolleyes:
wish you all the best and do let me know if you flash your phone or find something:)

Upvote 0
Super simple for anyone to do. U8150(T-mobile Comet in US) on xdadevelopers thread. Downloaded z4root on my M835, downloaded UJ custom recovery, downloaded dronix version 0.4. Transfered all to laptop via usb mass storage mode. Sent ES file explorer to Comet. Backup of all files to laptop, backup all current apps to pc, transfer all three downloaded files to Comet. Take a break. Reread instructions on following procedures. Installed z4root apk, ran z4root to gain root access. Connected Comet to laptop with usb, then turned on phone in fastboot mode. Extracted zip file onto desktop, open UJ folder, run os appropriate exe, phone reboots itself. Turn it off, hold volume up and green key press power boots into new recovery menu. Create a nandroid backup, then reboot. Plug back into pc to copy nandroid to desktop(never rename file, just the new folder for successive backups) I then unplugged from pc. Now boot back into recovery, wipe all appropriate options, partition sd ext, flash zip, reboot. Setup apps2sd with romtoolbox, oc'd @641mhz and running smooth. Tested for five days with no issues. Thank you's for Esteban Sannin (I see my developer very well, salud), wachw @ xda for the guide, Ultrakiller for the recovery.

Recovery: http : //forum.xda-developers. com/showthread.php?t=1053704

Rom: http : //forum.xda-developers. com/showthread.php?t=1057487

I use antutu cpu master and android assistant, both free on market, to keep my androids running quick, plus es file explorer and taskmanager for file utilities and such. Good luck, and remember, I use google and androidforums, anything can be accomplished.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones