• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insurance and warranty when buying from Google /manufacturers

I would expect you'll get the same warranty as is standard for electronic appliances in the country you buy it in (here in the EU they have to give a 2 year warranty, I think 12 months is the norm in the US).

Insurance would be your business, but it may be cheaper to include it in a domestic policy than to take phone-specific insurance via a carrier (certainly true here in the UK, I can't really comment on the situation in other countries).

Reactions: tube517 and mikedt
Upvote 0
If you're buying straight from Google, in the EU one year parts and labour warranty. Extra insurance for accidents, loss, etc. think you'll have to sort that yourself. If you're buying from your carrier, they sometimes have their own insurance arrangements, which might offer extended warranty as well, although you do pay extra for that usually.
Ya I have AT&T pay for insurance monthly and they offer a one year warranty. But not offer the bigger memory nexus devices.. I got the N6 but only had blue 32gb.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones