• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Insurance

BlueGoldAce

Jan 21, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am posting this to get everyone's opinion. I have a rooted HTC Evo, and I run a variety of sense and ASOP roms. I run the ASOP roms (CM and MIUI) for two reasons, enjoyment and research. I am a undergraduate student, soon to be graduate student_and use my phone to anaylize data from my research. The interface I used requires the phone to be ASOP, it is not compatible with sense (I wonder why...).

Anyway I take great care of my phone, and I have a good case on it (Innocase Active Limited Edition). I will be keeping this phone atleast tell the Evo 3d comes out. I got this phone in January, but from my I am being told, I will need a dual core processing phone to keep up with the software that is used heavily in my research. Of course this could not be the case, and then I would keep the Evo significantly longer....

Anyway I came across a post on XDA today.
[Q] Boot Looping + No Recovery Access - xda-developers

This makes me nervous. So I considered buying esquared insurance (roughly 55 dollars for a year, and 50-75 deductible). I am low on money, so I am asking everyone here a few things.

How common is the problem referenced in the XDA post, and should it be a worry? I can't afford another phone at this time.

Anyone have experience with this insurer. Are they quality?

Thank you everyone for you input. I appreciate it.

It seems this occurance is limited to hardware version 003, specifically the later version that has a larger erase size.

I may be debating insurance for the evo, but that is just because I may not keep it much longer (sadly, best phone I haveever owned by far, and the root world may not be the same on the 3d from what I hear). With the 3d Ill most likely go with the insurance.

Can't seem to beat the deal esquared offers, I have look aroudn and it seems to be the best.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones